After having selected a row in a grid or accessed a record by a link, Deepser shows the form with the details of the record.
Deepser forms have a set of visibile fields for that record, to change the values and save the updates.
Deepser forms are structured this way:
- Button to change template
- Action Buttons
Change the Template
Deepser allows you to change a form template.
This means that for some kind of records, the set of visbile fields can vary based on the selected template.
The template can be changed:
- Manually, with the button to change the template
- Dynamically, configuring a set of rules to change the template
To change manually the template we need to select the item inside the menu.
This way to change the template is decided by the user only if the system administrator has enabled this option.
The second way to change the template, instead, is transparent to the user and happens when changing some values of the form while inserting a new record.
When the template changes, some fields can be displayed and other can be hidden. This is useful to guide a user when inserting the information requested for certain kind of records.
Think, for example, about a request to send something to an address. The form should display the address field dynamically when the user selects the “shipment” request.
Or if a user is requesting a new mobile phone, the form should display a field in which to describe the model when the user selects the “new phone” request.
Based on the request type (or category) we can define which fields to display (or the mandatory fields).
We can find those default buttons, that can be on the header or on the footer.
- Back: go back to the previous screen
- Reset: cancel the last changes not yet saved
- Delete: physically delete the record (only if the user has the privileges)
- Save: save the record and go back to the previous screen
- Apply: save the record and stay in the form